Your home is a sanctuary – a place where you should feel relaxed and untroubled, yet every day we bathe our bodies with toxins until something goes wrong. We all have beauty regimens we hold dear, for better or worse, but when you pamper your skin properly you age slower.
Here are 4 simple solutions to get your health on track;
- Pour one cup of Epsom Salt into your bathwater. Epsom salt is one of the best beauty secrets for staying young because it’s a natural exfoliate. Exfoliation slows aging because it sloughs off dead skin cells, which accumulate on the surface of the skin. A build-up of dead skin cells makes you look dull and rough. Simply rubbing the Epsom salt beads into your skin provides you with even-toned smooth skin. Epsom salt can also dehydrate you, so do not soak for more than 15 minutes. Rinse skin and moisturize.
- Mix one cup of whole milk with wild honey and pour into bathwater. Milk and honey baths have been used as a beauty regimen since the days of Cleopatra. Milk contains lactic acid, which is a natural alpha-hydroxy acid, and Honey retains moisture. Both ingredients work together to brighten, rejuvenate and retain moisture. Soak for 20 minutes, and then gently rise.
- Release emotional build-up with a warm herbal bath. We’re bombarded each day with anger, fear, jealousy and frustration but clearing out those toxic emotions can leave you energized and stronger. Soaking in a warm bath infused with herbs is an effective approach to emotional detox.
- Place a few slices of fresh lemon into a hot bath; lemon eliminates waste and toxins from the body.
- Also, use a few drops of lavender or use fresh lavender flowers. Lavender is calming herb that soothes the senses and restores balance. It calms you, brings equilibrium to mood swings and helps you sleep.
- Adding Seaweed to your bath can increase metabolism and help sweat out toxins, giving you a slimmer look for up to 7 days. Add some fresh Seaweed to your bathwater and soak for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and moisturize.
When you treat your body right, it will look and feel its best. The best gift you can give yourself is to get your spirit back on track, and a systematic approach is begins with building your sanctuary to restore inner peace.